International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme is a curriculum framework designed to meet the educational requirements of all students in grades 6 through 10.
The programme model of the MYP places the learner at the center. This underscores IB’s belief in educating the whole person, and the central importance of student inquiry. The MYP is designed to guide students in their search for a sense of place in their natural and social environments.
The Middle Years Programme
- encourages international-mindedness in IB students, starting with a foundation in their own language and culture
- encourages a positive attitude to learning by challenging students to solve problems, show creativity and resourcefulness and participate actively in their communities
- reflects real life by providing a framework that allows students to see the connections among the subjects themselves, and between the subjects and real issues
- supports the development of communication skills to encourage inquiry, understanding, language acquisition, and to allow student reflection and expression
- emphasizes, through the learner profile, the development of the whole student-physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically (ibo.org).